- What’s a BOA Life?
- What kind of clients do you work with?
- Didn’t BOA used to do events and manage musicians?
- What does BOA mean?
- How much will my project cost?
- Where are you located?
A boutique marketing and design consultancy with 10 years of specializing in digital and social for small and medium-sized businesses, non-profits, and artists.
Oh, it’s also the “good life” 😉
We’re not opposed to the big guy but we LOVE helping out the little guy and watching them flourish.
Here’s the requisite list of stuff we’re super good at and have executed to the great pleasure of our clients:
- Marketing strategy
- Social media: Strategy, Maintenance (content creation, messaging calendars, community
- Graphic design: logos, etc
- Annual reports: compilation, analysis, design
- Brand development
- Web design and programming: Nationbuilder, WordPress, Custom CMS Platforms… we can make something that works for you!
- Real world marketing events
- Business management and strategy
Yup. It’s true. BOA Events was founded in 2005 by Mikaela and Katie Poltz to produce nightlife events in China’s capital, Beijing. We still manage a few musicians, but primarily on the business side. On occasion, we like to do a tour or two. Music was our first love but tech and marketing have snuck into our hearts.
Turns out, besides being the moniker for a certain tropical reptile, BOA also means “good” in Portuguese. BOA once stood for “Beijing’s Other Attractions” and was known as the producer of “alternative” events, focusing on markets previously unexplored by other production agencies (LGBT, international indie artist touring, fundraisers, etc.).
We work on a sliding scale. Our rates for nonprofits are significantly lower than those for for-profit companies. Fees are based on the size of the organization or company and scope of the project. We generally do flat fees for website builds and graphic design projects, hourly fees for maintenance and custom quotes on all other types of projects. Contact us for more information.
We’re set up in sunny Los Angeles, right along the banks of the LA River in Frogtown (Elysian Valley). We manage the neighborhood Twitter account, @frogtownla.